As a field scientist for ERI, Tony is involved in a variety of research projects including fisheries, water quality, vegetation, soil contamination, and hazardous waste related studies throughout the United States. Tony has a BS from Utah State University and over 10 years of diverse technical experience in both laboratory and field settings. Tony is a former soccer player for Utah Sate University and still plays both competitive soccer and golf.
- Razorback Sucker (Xyrauchen texanus) Augmentation Ponds Limnological Study, Farmington, New Mexico.
- FERC Licensing Dorena Lake Project, Oregon. Field Scientist for studies associated with fisheries, water quality, and benthic invertebrates. Most current investigation: Row River Juvenile Salmonid Investigations and Habitat Mapping and Seasonal Abundance Surveys. Cottage Grove, Oregon.
- Cross Cut Canal Fisheries Investigations. Fisheries Entrainment Study and Population Surveys. Henry's Fork of the Snake River, Idaho (2005).
- Aquatic habitat mapping on the San Juan River associated with the recovery of the Razorback Sucker in Utah and New Mexico.
- Water quality monitoring on Bear Lake for UP&L dredging activities, Idaho.
- Monthly water quality monitoring on Bear Lake, Utah.
- Water quality monitoring and transect recording on the Thomas Fork of the Bear River, Idaho.
- Water quality monitoring Cutler Marsh, Utah.
- Water quality monitoring Stansbury Lake, Utah.
Professional Societies and Certifications
OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification
Utah UST Groundwater and Soil Sampling certification
Abbreviated List of Past Projects
- Technician involved in habitat quality investigations related to the Threatened and Endangered Colorado pikeminnow. As it related to the Section 7 consultation for the Navajo Indian Irrigation Project, New Mexico.
- Project Supervisor of a experimental trout rearing program using large irrigation canals, New Mexico.
- Technician involved in various continuing studies such as young of year estimates and adult population studies, as related to the Exhibit E and FERC licence for the Proposed Island Park Hydroelectric on the Henry's Fork River.
- Technician involved in studies related to the Threatened and Endangered Gobi. As related to the Hydroelectric Project Investigation of endemic fishes in the Wailua River, Hawaii.
- Technician on the Fisheries Management Plan for Ashton Reservoir, Idaho, as a fulfillment of a FERC license condition.
- Assistant Project Director, Study of trout rearing in a reclaimed mine tailings lake, Telluride, Colorado.
- Technician involved in the study of rearing a Threatened and endangered Razorback Chub in small ponds. As related to the Navajo Indian Irrigation Project, Farmington New Mexico.
- Technician involved in Radiotelemetry monitoring of endangered fish movements, San Juan River, New Mexico.
- Technician involved in the TMDL study of Springs and related fish hatcheries on the main stem of the Mid-Snake River, Hells Canyon, Idaho.
- Technician involved in field backwater habitat use investigation of native and non-native young-of-the-year fishes, San Juan River, New Mexico.
- Technician involved in the Fisheries Management Plan for Ashton Reservoir, Idaho as a fulfillment of a FERC license condition.
- Technician involved in young-of-the-year and adult population studies on the Madison River, Montana. As related to a FERC license condition.
- Technician involved in young-of-the-year and adult population studies on the Henery's Fork River, St. Anthony's, Idaho. As related to a FERC licence condition.
- Technician involved in Trout habitat reclamation and Fish salvage on the Payette River as related to the Environmental assessment of the Horseshoe Bend Hydroelectric Project, Idaho.
- Technician involved in the Environmental impact assessment of a potential fish hatchery on the Blacksmith Fork River, Utah.